The Glutaraldemeter 3 is an easy-to-use, portable instrument that employs an electrochemical sensor to indicate levels of glutaraldehyde vapor in air. The instrument provides a rapid direct read-out of vapor levels on an LCD display, making it a useful screening tool to complement existing routine chemical glutaraldehyde monitoring techniques.
Although it uses the same sensor and sampling technology as its predecessor it has several advantages over it thanks to recently improved firmware:
- Much more user friendly and easy to use
- Auto zero function to prevent sensor creep
- Peak hold function and time-to-peak analysis
- Ten reading memory
- Automated calibration procedure
By using the time-to-peak function the user can ”spot” false readings and improve the selectivity of the instrument. This is because common chemicals such as ethanol, propanol and butanol have a time-to-peak on the sensor which is much quicker than that of glutaraldehyde.
|Calibration||In-field calibration standard|
|Display||4 digit LCD|
|Sampling Frequency||0 – 3 minutes depending on previous reading|
|Sample volume||Approx 10 ml|
|Detection Range||0 – 10 ppm (other ranges available on request)|
|Precision||10% at 2 ppm level|
|Response Time||Approximately 60 seconds from sampling|
|Power||9V PP3 alkaline battery|
|Weight||270g Instrument / 750g Complete Kit|
|Dimensions||150 x 80 x 34 mm Instrument / 266 x 230 x 50 mm Complete Kit|
- Glutaraldemeter 3 instrument with battery
- Glutaraldehyde calibration standard tube
- Pack of phenol filters (10)
- Ball point pen
- Operation manual
- Calibration Standard: PPM supplies an easy-to-use glutaraldehyde calibration standard tube for checking and adjusting the calibration of the Glutaraldemeter 3. The tube produces a known concentration of glutaraldehyde vapour that can be sampled by the instrument to check accuracy and performance. The standard has a 100-sample capacity or a useful life of six months (whichever occurs sooner).
- Phenol Filters: Complete removal of contaminants such as phenol and resorcinol can be achieved by attaching PPM Phenol Filters to the sampling port of the instrument.
- PPM AMS-2 Aldehyde Monitoring Station: The PPM AMS-2 enables the Glutaraldemeter 3 to be used as a data logging semi-continuous glutaraldehyde area monitor. The AMS-2 is a compact bench top unit that connects to the hand held instrument and essentially automates the operation of the Glutaraldemeter 3.
Easy to use – minimal operator training required
Rapid response time
Real time readings allow immediate response to results
Reliable electrochemical sensor
Does not require inconvenient ancillary sampling equipment or readers
Simple in-field calibration
Connectivity to AMS-2 or PC for continuous monitoring